Monday, August 27, 2007

A New Craft

Getting started
Look at her face

All done. Ready to be ironed.
Finished project.....it's a shoe.
**************************************
Ana Claire and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby today to get some things that I needed for sewing. She has been on a coloring kick, but I thought I would get her something else to do so she wouldn't get bored. I had thought she might enjoy stringing beads. Well she saw something else that caught her eye. I am not really sure what it is called, but it is very tedious. You put small plastic beads on a form. After you cover the form you iron the beads and they melt together. She loved it. I sat down with her and got her started but she quickly wanted to do it herself. No surprise there. She even wanted to iron it herself, but I told her that was Mommy's job.

10 comments:

Denna said...

Courtney loves to do those things. Just a hint....Using a pair of tweezers makes it much easier to put on the pieces. They are so small that it is sometimes hard to get them on.

Carey said...

My daughter who just turned 6 just got these for her birthday. She absolutely loves doing them. Keeps them busy for quite some time too.

mommy24treasures said...

she is getting such a great attention span! Great job.
Chloe loves things like that too but was a little older before she got passionate about it.
Thanks for the bday wishes!
bloggy friends are so thoughtful.

Sonya said...

Now that looks like FUN! AC you are so smart to do the project almost all by yourself!

Sonya

The Ferrill's said...

Lisa, these are the fuse bead creations that my children made and sold to raise money for the adoption! They LOVE them and for weeks I kept sucking them up in my vacuum cleaner! I STILL find them every now and then. One popped up in my make-up case! They have a web-site that you can get different patterns...we got SO into it! We turned them into magnets and key-chains and sun-catchers. Now they have come out with something like it that you don't have to iron. You do something with water to make them stick together...not sure what it's like. They have it at Target and we're going to check it out.
Ana Claire and the Ferrill children would have a ball together doing this!
Love,
Laine

Tina said...

She is sooo smart!!! What great dexterity to put all those little beads on there!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

That is too cool. She did a great job!

Jewels of My Heart said...

That is too cool. She did a great job!

Tammy said...

We love them too! Sydney and Payton will sit forever and do them. I pick them off the floor for days afterwards!

Tammy

Lori said...

Oh my boys love doing these....but we do army tanks and bulldozers! :)