Monday, June 30, 2008

Beach Trip Photos


Our three with MeMe
Ana Claire and her Granddaddy
Our new friends Melissa, Jetty and Ella. I am going to post more about Melissa later. She is an artist. I just fell in love with her creations. I can't wait to share some of her creations with you.
I was so dissapointed to only have one evening to get photos of the kids. The afternoon showers set in. The one evening that we were able to go to the beach, the wind was overpowering. It almost blew Ana Claire's bow out of her hair.

Let's fly away



Ana Claire learned how to turn front and back flips under the water while we were at the beach. Here she is just flipping away in the ocean. We couldn't believe she was doing this. I had to make her stop and catch her breath.

I can't believe my baby Josh is 17. Time flies.
Making drizzle castles



Finding seashells
Clay on his board
Ana Claire and Daddy
Jetty
Jetty, Ella and Ana Claire






We had a great visit with Tom's family. The kids loved playing on the beach everyday. It made my heart feel good to see Josh still wanting to play in the sand and build sand castles. He just turned 17, but still loves the beach like he did when he was a baby. Sorry for all the photos, but I am trying to document our trip and post a few of my favorites.
I know alot of people are making their blogs private now for various reasons and I have even thought about it, but I have made some really great friends through blogland. Some that I have had the chance to meet. I know that I wouldn't have if my blog was private. One being a family in Tom's hometown. They have two little girls from China. One being Ana Claire's age and the other two. It is amazing how close they live to Tom's family. Melissa it was so nice to meet you and your husband and kiddos. Ana Claire is talking about when we are going to see her granddaddy again and play with Jetty and Ella on the beach.

9 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

WOW I can't believe how brave AC was!!!!
SO glad you had a fun trip.

LaLa said...

What beautiful pictures from the beach! I love her flips : ) The ones of her with her reflection in the sand are beautiful.

Love the group shots with the kids too!

Welcome Home!

Sonya said...

LOVE ALL THE PICS!!!! Can't wait to get the girls together!!!

Hope for Lucy said...

Way to go Ana Claire....she is doing great with the water. I love all the beach photos. I cant believe Josh is 17.....wow!
Congratulations on your Dad's retirement. Lily loves spending time with her Memaw and Papa.

Love
Green Party of 5ive

Nicole said...

Welcome home! I really missed reading your posts! I absolutely LOVE the "flying" picture!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, there were so many favorites. I LOVE the one of Josh; he's so handsome! of course, I love the one of the back of AC and Daddy - too precious! I just love beach pictures. Jetty & Ella looked like they fit right in with Ana Claire. I know what you mean about going private. I think we all wonder "who's out there" that's NOT our friends!! I just keep thinking of all the wonderful china journeys I have gotten to witness and how could I not do the same for other waiting families? But, your family's safety & best interest comes first; sooo.. if you go private, please take me along :) HUGS!

Kimberly said...

OOOOHHHH! The beach looks like so much fun! We can't wait to go and we can WAIT to finally meet you and AC in person!!!!

Kim

Keisha said...

Love the Pictures!!!

Grace said...

Great pictures!! I don't think I'll be able to enjoy the beach until next year... too preggo now and I'm not much longer to go =)