Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Update on preschool and long weekend

We went to Hannah's birthday party. Happy 5th Birthday. This was basically the only thing that Ana Claire did. Ana Claire has always had to have me very close by to feel secure in whatever she is doing. She had gotten a little better, but after this past week I have seen some regression. At the party she would hardly do anything. Other parents were able to stand over to the side and watch the kids having fun. I had to sit with the kids so Ana Claire would even stay with the kids.
At the park she wouldn't run around and play without me being right there. I always stay close when we are at the park, but I had to be within just a few feet for her to feel comfortable enough to play.

We also went on a playdate at a local park. I was so happy to see this little guy. He holds a special place in my heart.

Katie Lin and her family passed through going home from the Auburn game. We met for lunch. We have to get our Katie Lin fix as often as we can. I let the kids paint themselves. Clay got a little carried away.



Ana Claire modeling some of the items I have recently made. You can check them out here.

We have been watching this spider grow on our front porch.


*********************************************
On Friday when I dropped Ana Claire off at preschool she was fine until the teacher came out to the car. She jumped into the backseat and with tears said she wasn't going and I couldn't make her. The teacher told her what they were going to do and persuaded her out of the car. When I went to pick her up I got there early enough to see her playing on the playground. She was running around chasing two other little girls and she would stop, go stand by the teacher and then go back to playing. When she got in the car I asked her how her day went. She told me she had a good time. She goes back tomorrow after a long weekend. I wonder how she will do.

16 comments:

Sonya said...

WOW! You have been super busy girl!!! THANKS for working us in!!
That look on KL's face is funny...one I have not seen before!
Guess you got her between a smile!
CUTE!
Thanks again for meeting us for lunch!

GREAT PICS!

mommy24treasures said...

love all the pics. AC is so beautiful. I am sorry she is regressing a bit. I know this is tough for both of you as you decide what is best. I pray for you both. I so hope tomorrow morning won't be difficult.
Her smile lights up a room. Such a sweet girl.

Super Mommy said...

{{{Hugs}}} Lisa and AC . . . it sounds like it's getting somewhat better. Have you tried some books about starting school? The Kissing Hand is one of my favorites. Hang in there! Nancy

Mel said...

Lisa, Ana Claire and Ella are so similar. Hopefully it will get a little better everyday. I Love the new outfits. The spider/halloween set is so cute!
Mel

redmaryjanes said...

It sounds like she is doing better and better.
She is such a cute little girl : )

day by day said...

Poor Ana Claire and poor Mom! I know how hard this stuff is...I am sorry she is regressing a bit. I know you were nervous about that happening!

Great pictures from your week-end!!!

Grace said...

Sorry for missing a lot of your posts!!!

Don't feel too bad about AC and her fears of preschool. I went through the crying and not wanting to go with both boys. The teachers were great and always made them stop crying - although I was the paranoid mamma and wanted to take them out. They eventually get used to it and the fear will go away... we just have to let them go.....

I hope things get better as I'm sure it will =)

The Ferrill's said...

Hoping this week is even better for AC, Lisa! She is such a beauty.
I love the painting! And all the fun pics.

Keisha said...

The painting looks like fun! Hope AC had a better week this week. Also.. is that Spain Park in B'ham? We went to that park when we were there. The kids LOVED it!
Have a great week!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Great pics! Looks like loads of fun. I'm praying that everyday at school is a little better (for you and for AC!)

Love,
Monica

Pandamonium Mom said...

Cute pictures! I'm so glad AC came Saturday...
DeEtte

Lauren and Ed said...

First of all, I can't believe that spider is real! YUK! (Mia would love it though). Secondly, my heart aches reading about AC having a tough ime, but from what you oberved on the playground...she IS learnng to trust. She IS leaving the teacher's side, if even for a few minutes at a time. Give it some more time. Our girls have been through much instability in their infancy so it is hard to trust. I am praying for you guys!!! PS Do you have fotofusion? I will help you learn to design your blog if you want!

missy said...

Hi Lisa!

How is AC doing? I have been thinking and praying for you both. I know how hard this has been for you. We still have Kinder. students crying...it is pitiful.

On a positive note, your designs are DARLING!!! AC looks just beautiful and she is truly beaming...good sign!

Hugs and prayers!

asiangard said...

Aww, I hope Anna Clare gets used to preschool soon, I am wondering how Kai-Li will do when she starts, she is also kind of clingy.

missy said...

Haven't heard from you in a while... just checking in. Hope you are doing well!

Paula said...

The boys in red paint is funny. Ooooh, is that spider real? That is pretty scary. As you can tell I don't like spiders. Anna Claire is so cute in the purple outfit.