Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Must Read and a few interesting videos





If your little one is asking questions about their Chinese birth family, I highly recommend this book. It is an emotional book to read, but it gave me a better understanding of my daughter's culture and a window into the world of the mother's that gave up their children. I purchased mine from Amazon. AC has already started asking questions. I think this is a great book to share with her as she gets older and can understand all the details of adoption. Right now she is happy with the information we have given her.

I started looking on the Internet for adoption stories and ran across this video of an adult Korean adoptee sharing her story and struggles. I cried as I watched the video. Listening to the things that she struggled with as a child and into her adulthood is heart wrenching. It shows her going back to Korea to find her family. Her adoptive parents go with her on a second trip.
There is a follow up to it you can see a clip of it here.

Also on APT tonight there is a story about an 8 year old girl adopted from China. You can learn more about it here.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

There's also this documentary called Adopted. I watched it the other night and I guess that's helpful for you all :)

Football and Fried Rice said...

That is wonderful! I had that book in the back of my mind, but it wasn't available (in the US) - I will have to look now!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa
I haven't visited your blog in ages ... it was fun to look through all your pics (you're a great photographer too!) Ana Claire is a beautiful little girl! Hard to believe our little Yuanlingers are in first grade now!
Alison
(mom to Camdyn)
~ I wasn't sure if you had our blog address, if you don't, send me a quick email, and I'll give it to you. aljay@mts.net